I had contemplated starting a blog for many years before I actually started it. I thought I wouldn’t be able to give it time. And I was right wasn’t I? Never have been righter.
This is my first 2014 post. And lo and behold (I love Enid Blyton :P), it’s June already! I guess it’s a little too late for a “Happy New Year” but all the same I hope you had a good one till now. The summer has gone by, the rains have blessed us and here I am posting for the first time this year.
So, here goes,
I had just finished reading ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ the other night. Good book. Sweet. But at the end of it, blinking away tears, I realized one thing. Life, that miracle we all are blessed with, is a delicate phenomenon. A small growth in our body can kill us. No a single missed heartbeat can put a full stop on our life.
And this little blessing we all have, what do we do with it? Sit in air conditioned rooms with our laptops and play games or facebook or tweet or in other words crumple our lives into a football and kick it all around! Or else sit in front of misted windows and dream about the perfect life, the perfect job or the perfect house.
But which one of us decides to move our arse to actually do something and change that dream into our ‘life’? No we are scared. We keep walking straight, fall in line with the people who have already paved a path. We are scared to take a bend in this road, fearing that the entire road will cave in and lead us to our doom.
But my dear people, life is short. Before you blink your eyes you are eighty and dead. Dead and buried with no war memorial in your name or no ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ written on you. You will be lost among the very many men. The men who lived and walked on the earth and died, never to be remembered again. And if you want to be remembered you’ve got to wield your sword (or pen or football or brain or whatever is your thing). Take that bend and let your dreams take control!
Dreaming is good for your body and for your mind but it’s best for your life. If you don’t feel a passion in what you do then just let it go. Even if it lets you buy a flat near Bandra Bandstand let it go. It’s better to live happy in a chawl in Dharavi than live depressed in a bungalow in Marine Lines. Build your life out of your dreams. This way you will atleast have your dream to live on for you after you die a happy death.
And yes I can actually hear many of you protesting that you are too old to take that turn in your life. But then, you get only one chance to live. And you have to live your fullest in this life. So, my fellow earthliens, I don’t believe for a single second that you are too old. If you are not dead then you are still young enough to build your dream. So build them. It’s the only chance you have.
.jpg)
Awesome! TFiOS is an excellent book. Great job :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Mai3
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to read more from u
Thank you so much guys! :)
ReplyDeletevery true and very well written Maithri. Great job
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Mai3.. enjoyed reading it....
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely Right - Dream big, fix on your goal and work backwards to achieve it.. :)
(btw - I love Enid Blyton too! who doesn't, what say??? ;) )
Haha I know! :D
DeleteAnd thank you so much! :)