Exasperated Love

1 comment
Every house with two or more children has a continuous battle raging within it. These battles may have sprouted out from things as mundane as the TV remote or the temperature of the AC. Yet the battle goes on and on, until, saturated, a sweet silence follows. Nobody tries to make up for the fight but the siblings forget everything and sit together peacefully until the next battle is ensued.

Love is an emotion that can be expressed in many bizarre ways, perhaps the most bizarre being the love between siblings. Exasperated, yet entirely pure, this love is bitter-sweet and peppered heavily with tiffs. But, as we say, familiarity breeds contempt, and your sibling is the most familiar person in your life. 

When my brother was born I had turned into a sulky cry baby. I couldn't bear him stealing away my spotlight. I made a rule that nobody could click pictures of him without me posing in it too. Of course nobody took me seriously and I ended up spending an entire Sunday screaming my head off and not talking to anyone.

As we grew up, I loved bullying him, pinching and pushing him. But we did have our happy moments of playing by the hour. I still remember how hard I used to try to make him smile even after fighting with him the whole day.
Today he is half a foot taller than I am and probably double my weight. Now he is the one who pushes me and pinches me. My father says its high time he took his revenge. We still fight, over the smallest things, That is one thing that wont change even when we are 80 years old perhaps.

Siblings are the closest people you will have in your life. You grow up with them, share more than genes with them, often go to school together and have only each other when you go to all those boring family functions. I'm sure most of you must have wished you were an only child. But trust me, the grass is always greener on the other side. Those who do not have siblings are often lamenting about it and wishing they had someone to share their childhood moments too. 

Well I am truly glad I have a brother. I teach him all those identities and problems in Maths and he teaches me how to sing. Yes it is a regular exchange of knowledge here. There is also an equal outlet of exasperation and outbursts of retorts. But hey, it is all a part of this bizarre love. It's a sweet relationship, complete with bruises and scratches. But as life goes on, you will realize how much you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Cool Mai3... loved this one. Tushar - any comments? :)

    ReplyDelete